Calling on you to discuss the joys of writing and the importance of creativity in our personal and business lives.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Joe called

Hey, I've been a copywriter for a zillion years, but just got around to blogging. (For the record, a copywriter writes text for ads, brochures, Web sites, commercials, etc. Some also write feature articles, newsletters, and other forms of communication.)

But, all forms of writing are interesting. And certainly necessary. The better you write, the farther you'll get in this world. The more you'll learn, too. And the more you'll enjoy life. (Pretty bold promise, huh?)

So, this blog will celebrate writing. Of all kinds. I'll occasionally go off topic and applaud some of the best creative ideas around. Even take a look at some powerful advertising concepts (which usually involve sharp writing and creative thinking.)

I promise you won't be bored. And you won't find me using the word "I" 25 times in every paragraph. Most of this space will be spent looking outside of my world and into the bigger one that surrounds us. Together, we'll find great writing that's funny. And entertaining. And moving. And motivating.

Thanks for looking in.

Joe

2 Comments:

Blogger The Full Cleveland said...

What's the story on the piece of art?

4:35 AM

 
Blogger Joe Starin said...

The art was actually a note drawn by my daughter telling my wife that her friend, Jill, had phoned. I loved the drawing. Kept it for about 10 years. Recently, I scanned it into Photoshop, changed the name to Joe, and used it to create business cards for my new creative copywriting business. The character is unrestrained, odd, colorful, disarming and totally charming -- all at the same time. It usually draws a smile out of those who view it. Part of the skill of being in a creative business, as I am, is to recognize and accept creative ideas from other sources. Great ideas can come from anywhere. Sometimes we just need to spot 'em. And let 'em in. Thanks for your interest.

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home