Calling on you to discuss the joys of writing and the importance of creativity in our personal and business lives.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Nine different ways to say, “Thanks for having me.”

You’re being interviewed on television, or on the radio, or while creating a video. The interviewer politely says to you: “Thank you for joining us.” And you reply with: “Thanks for having me.”

Thanks for having me? Sure, it’s a swell reply. After all, it’s brief (always a plus). And your words show appreciation and project a bit of sophistication. 

But you wish you could have replied with something more original. 

So, below are nine fresh ways to say, “Thanks for having me.” (And don’t forget to tweak the reply to reflect whether it was a face-to-face or remote interview.) 

1. “I enjoyed being here. Thanks.”
2. “It was my pleasure.”
3. “Glad/Great to be here.” 
4. “It was nice speaking with you.”
5. “Anytime. Thank you so much.”
6. “This was great. Thanks.”
7. “Always great to be here, [name].” (Of course, that assumes you are a repeat guest.)
8. “I enjoyed speaking with you.”
9. “Thank you. It was fun.” (Assuming it was fun, and not a verbal beatdown.)

Author Joe Starin heads up Hit by a Brick, an independent copywriting resource.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home